Derry's Condo Headshot

Derry's Condo Headshot

Monday, June 20, 2016

Vinyl? Just Retro or New and Improved?

I'm probably very biased given that I just put Vinyl Flooring in my place. However, these aren't your grandmother's 1960's vinyl floors.
The power of technology is great!!! Particularly the power to more or less screen print photos of wood onto all of these other products whether it be vinyl, laminate or tile. I think for a long time, when people thought of vinyl, they thought of glue down yuck.
The overall visual began to outweigh why people chose vinyl flooring in the first place: impeccable durability. They're scratch resistant and waterproof!!!

The tipping point for me came when my plumber told me that he put vinyl in his house. Now he and I have a good longstanding relationship and he's actually one of the smartest people I know, so I trusted his opinion. It got better. Then I went to several flooring stores and every representative told me that when they re do their floors in their homes, they will be using vinyl!!! If I wasn't convinced that my plumber wasn't one of the smartest people I knew, he certainly was after that. (No one tell him though. Don't want it all going to his head).

Being in sales, I'm fully aware that saying it is their choice flooring could be a sales tactic. In which case, I will be updating you all after the first of the year when the place has made it through the summer, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and maybe some rain. (I'll also make sure my photography skills get better).

Nonetheless, a good majority of us prefer the timeless look of wood flooring. Technology has given us the gift of durability in conjunction with aesthetic appeal. What an amazing time to be alive with the opportunity to design!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment