Derry's Condo Headshot

Derry's Condo Headshot

Monday, October 24, 2016

Feature Blog Post

Once a week I'm going to start to feature a post from another blog as supplemental information. My data and comments thus far are on a small scale and might require some adjustments, but I think it's working for now. I think I just need to supplement the data with different kind of information. This week is a post from Bill McBride's Calculated Risk Blog. He provides a lot of really great information and you can find a link to his blog on my page.

The post for this week is about the usage rate of design services for new construction. It's arguably a long winded question about architectural services. Architectural services are a good indicator for new construction and hopefully demand for growth. Here's what McBride's post:
Calculated Risk Blog- AIA: Architectural Billings Index Declines In September

There is a demonstrated slowing in the architectural services industry. This is arguably a hesitancy throughout the economy in terms of housing. I'd argue that we are seeing this across the board in the housing industry: a general hesitancy. I'll be very curious to see how this fluctuates over the course of the next 6 months to a year. I think that time frame will give us the opportunity to make decisions based on the outcome of the presidential election as well as any pending rate hikes that may happen before the end of the year or early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment